Tuesday, March 31, 2009

What a weekend!

It has been quite the weekend for me...well, quite the Sunday and Monday, to be exact. Saturday was one of those lazy days. It helped that it was rainy and cloudy outside - totally stay-indoors-in-bed-with-a-warm-blanket-with-the-doggies weather.

I guess Saturday was just a buildup of the days to come.

Before I knew it, Sunday had come upon me, and it was...yes, rainy and cloudy again outside. But I was determined to go out and meet the wonderful ladies that I had met on a wonderful blog for those addicted and obsessed with the retail phenomenon that is J.Crew (yes, THAT J.Crew Mrs. Michelle Obama has famously put on the fashion-movers-and-shakers map).

Yes, I am part of a community online.

Yes, I am part of a community online that is self-admittedly obsessed with a clothing brand.

And yes, I'm a dork.

Enough about me...

On to the meet-up...

One of the lovely ladies had very nicely (and efficiently!) organized a meet-up event for us that started out as a brunch at Boulevard Woodgrill in Clarendon, VA, but slowly grew to include a private shopping event in the J.Crew store in the Pentagon City Mall! The "private" aspect of it is what you would think it would be; they opened, OPENED TWO HOURS EARLY just for our little group! So, we had the whole store all to ourselves, and we all had a blast - drinking mimosas, orange juice, coffee and nibbling on pastries and fresh fruit that the J.Crew staff had so thoughtfully spread out for us. It was fun catching up with the ladies I had already met at the movie meet-up (we watched "Confessions of a Shopaholic" - surprise, surprise) and meet new friends too!

Here we are after the damage had been done:

Some of us then went onto brunch at Boulevard Woodgrill in Clarendon while others, unfortunately, could not join us and had to go back home or go to work.

The brunch was yummy! I had what was called the Cured Salmon Eggs Benedict. Mmmmm...the servings were so big, I couldn't eat the whole thing! And of course, there was again talk of things J.Crew. AND another meet-up - a tea sometime this spring to be hosted by 3-Penny Princess who was also the one who organized this little féte. 'Can't wait! These ladies are one wonderful, sunny bunch! :)

Ok, that was Sunday. Now onto my Monday.

It started out normal enough. I got up. Went to work. Got stressed out at work. Had leftovers for lunch. Got stressed out at work again. Went home. EXCEPT....I didn't go straight home. I dropped by a car dealership. Yes (the nth "yes" in this post - I'm all about positivity - at least trying to be), I bought a car. Finally got rid of the ol' bucket that was the Jeep Wrangler.

Here's what my new baby looks like:



Pretty, eh? Actually, it's more like...cool, eh? I got the one with the sun/moonroof. After having a Jeep with all the openings, I HAD to get the one with the extra window. Heh.

I'm still pretty overwhelmed.

All in all, it's been a good two days. I love the newness of it all. :)

**Photos taken from About All and Nothing At All (Slastena's blog) and 2009 Honda CR-V Site.:)

6 comments:

  1. Wait! How did I not know that you'd started a blog?

    Anyway, it was great seeing you and all the other JCAs. I'm excited that I have a group of bloggers that can realted to my secret, idel obessions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new baby!! She's beautiful! I hope you enjoy her.

    It was fabulous to see you on Sunday! Thanks for inspiring me to get the Belle clutch - it just arrived today and I love it! Yes, definitely stay tuned for Tea in the Garden...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, lexieloo! Welcome, welcome to my lil' humble blog! :)

    It's just something I started recently. I hope you come by to visit once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, thank you, 3PP! I am truly still in shock that I have a new car. LOL!

    And congrats on the Belle! It is truly a pretty, lil' bag. ;) 'Can't wait for the Tea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great post and can I tell you what a wise decision it was to buy a car with a sunroof? My sunroof is open from April to November pretty much non-stop with occasional openings in December, January, February, and March!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't tell you how stoked I am to have a sunroof! Soo excited - I'm sure I'll have it open all the time. Of course, granted that it would. STOP. RAINING. Grrrr....

    ReplyDelete