Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Thank you! :)

*Photo from Cycle 11 of America's Next Top Model.

Even with my absence, my blog friends have been quite graceful and thoughtful in remembering me and my little blog that could for these wonderful blog awards. :)

First up, the Happy Award which was given to me by Summerilla of Sum Sunshine. A great, big "THANK YOU!" and a tight, ol' bear hug to you this new year!


For this award, I have to list ten things that make me happy. I could easily list more than that, but here's an excerpt of my happy list:

1. My family who loves and supports me through thick and thin, hell and high water - you rock, guys!!
2. Stretch and Eddie, the two doggies who provide me giggles, laughs and unconditional love (and licks!) whenever I need it.
3. Pictures of good times with family and friends, especially the WACKY ones!
4. The sun shining through my many windows in my new home.
5. The first spring blossom.
6. The smell of rain.
7. Visiting new places with friends and family.
8. The smell of bookstores and libraries.
9. Seeing people help each other.
10. Knowing that I'll be able to see my niece and nephews grow up via webcam even if we're far away from each other.


And now for the next award (I am so blessed!), it's the Beautiful Blogger award from Dinagideon of My Superfluities and Coley of Coley's Closet Cravings. Being (very!) beautiful bloggers themselves, they have tagged me to divulge 7 things that you all might find interesting to find out about me.

So this is my list:

1. Tears well up in my eyes every time I watch Dog Whisperer. It just makes my heart swell to see how dogs can serve as catalysts for people helping people and making us see that it shouldn't be so hard to love one another. :) (Please refer to my "Happy Award list" #9.)

2. I deeply admire people who can wear what they wear with aplomb and no apologies. (Shout out to my cousin, Chef C!)

3. My favorite state, that I have visited so far, is Utah. The natural beauty of the state is utterly majestic, and the joy and sincerity of the people is truly heartwarming. I hold a special place in my heart for Park City, where I have family. :)

4. I never get dizzy on airplanes, even if I have vertigo. Although, I cannot stand long bus rides. It's inevitable that I will hurl if I'm on a bus for more than an hour.

5. I don't care what other people say - I have not seen the original Star Wars trilogy (with Harrison Ford et al.). I think it's more of my stubborn-ness to NOT see something everybody wants me to see than I don't want to see it. It's the same thing with a movie that comes out with a lot of hype. I usually don't see it when it comes out; I wait a few years. (Like with Jerry Maguire, I waited 2 years after it first came out. I so appreciate it now.) One exception: Avatar (in 3D). And yes, I was disappointed. (Please hold all hate mail.)

6. I was born in the Philippines, grew up in Saudi Arabia, and now work and live in the Washington, D.C. area in the United States. I have posed with beefeaters and camels, marveled at Big Ben and the Empire State Building, swam with the jellyfish in the Red Sea, gotten nose-cicles (yes, there is such a thing!) in the Great White North, goofed around with Japanese Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck, experienced the hustle and bustle of Bombay (now known as Mumbai) and Karachi, and been pushed around (and did push back!) in the mean streets of Hong Kong.

7. When I'm eating lunch or dinner at home, I like to watch The Gilmore Girls. It seems like they're always eating on that show. Maybe I feel like I'm eating with them?

Now on to tagging...now no pressure, ladies...and I will be tagging those that have already possibly done this already...

1. Ashley of LOVE it.
2. Cloggsy of English Tea.
3. Coley of Coley's Closet Cravings.
4. Dinagideon of My Superfluities.
5. HeidiG of Head to Toe with Heidi G.
6. Gigi of Gigi's Gone Shopping (again and again and again...) [I put the "(again and again and again...)" part myself; it's not part of her blog's title. Heehee.]
7. Summerilla of Sum Sunshine.

Cheers, everyone! Have a good day! :)

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:05 PM

    OK, I will forgive you for the lack of Star Wars love, but just because I also hated Avatar. hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg don't get me started on how OBSESSED i am with gilmore girls!!! ahhh! i've seriously took it upon myself to watch EVERY SINGLE EPISODE! they place one episode each day on abcfamily thank goodness for dvr. thanks for the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Rosa and Ashley! Thank you so much for visiting! It's been too long for me. :p

    @Rosa: Thanks for the pardon - heehee. And Avatar was a visual dream, but all in all, meh.

    @Ashley: Aren't the Gilmore Girls fantastic? The fast talking, the cute clothes, the kooky characters - 'love it! :) So glad to know I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you sweetie! and I loved reading your lists - smart lady to combine them into 1 post. I swear I'll get to this soon, maybe even today.

    ReplyDelete