Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Drewablank in real life. - Part 3

This is the one that has been 4 months in the making.

The infamous J.Crew Sweeping Ruffles Shirt ($98.00).

PROS:
Fits true to size.The pleating on the shoulder area made the fit there superb!
(As attested to by HeidiG - hey, ms. lady!)
Ruffles galore!
The novelty of it being the basic white shirt but with a twist. ;)

CONS:
After receiving it in the mail, flat and lifeless, I had to steam this sucker down.
And THEN, put it in the dryer!
(However, after having done all that, I foresee that this is the type of shirt that will not need ironing after being washed.
Well, I was going to go for the more lived-in look anyhow.)
Ruffles galore!

A basic outfit.
Jeans: J.Crew Vintage matchstick jean in repaired indigo wash.
(online for $69.99, but I totally lucked out by paying $19.99 - yes! 19.99!! - at a B&M!)
Necklace: Crystal Web Necklace ($29.99)
I love how this piece just perks up even torn up jeans! :)

Now, layered:First photo:
Jacket: J.Crew Solid Lieutenant Jacket ($59.99, Black)
Second photo:

Cardigan: J.Crew Sunshine Peonies Cardigan
(soldout online, but I've seen many in stock in stores - for $49.99?)
In both photos:
Necklace: Ann Taylor Outlet Long Pearl Necklace (wrapped 2x)
Neon Necklace ($19.50, in Neon Rose - twisted throughout pearl necklace)

With a change of pants:
First photo:
Cardigan: J.Crew Library Bookshelf Cardigan (from fall 2007?)
Necklace: Vintage find from Eastern Market, DC
Second photo:
Jacket: Banana Republic Outlet Cotton Blazer
(Lined! But such a lint magnet!)
Necklace: J.Crew Glass-Bead Ladybug Necklace (from fall 2008?)
In both photos:
Pants: J.Crew Tuxedo Scout Chinos (from fall 2009, folded at the bottom)

Oh, to be a lady:
Cardigan: Sunshine Peonies Cardigan
Skirt: J.Crew Outlet Cotton Pencil Skirt (sorry 'bout the wrinkles!)
Belt: Forever 21
Necklaces: Ann Taylor Outlet Long Pearl Necklace
J.Crew Neon Necklace

Now, I totally understand those who have no love for the Sweeping Ruffles.
But I have waited too long for this shirt,
and I will goshdarned use it 'til the dangnabit ruffles fall off!


5 comments:

  1. love your reviews.keep them coming!
    really like the sweeping ruffles shirt with jeans and the lieutenant jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gah - this looks so cute on you but it was a HOT MESS on me. maybe it's better on the petite set ;) something about the proportions on you just looks WAY BETTER than on me.

    waaaaaah - now I am sad that I couldn't make this shirt work...:( you make it look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ina: I was so proud of myself to make this shirt work with so many pieces! I think it's a keeper. ;)

    kater: "Petite set"? I thank you! Maybe you meant "short set"? Heehee! I've waited far too long for this shirt NOT to work on me. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This top looks cute on you, you have definitely made it work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much better on you than me!!! I like it best with just the ripped jeans because I think that shows off the ruffles the best - and it's fab with those scout chinos - I know you've been waiting to put them together!! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete