All the important things in life - family, friends, love, laughter, and all that good stuff. The good stuff may include any of the following - hockey, Capitals hockey, Sherlock, Dr. Who, great photographs, good music, Nationals baseball, beautiful homes/rooms/design, fashion. I hope you enjoy your visit! :)
@ashley: For the vertically-challenged like myself, I can't see how this would look at all flattering, unfortunately. :p
@Coley: "Fugtastic" - LOL!
@tastymoog: I'd love to have seen how your mémère styled it up! I could totally picture a chic, confident lady walking the streets of Paris, sans the neon-ness, of course.
yeah, this look can be endearing on a granny... but not so much on those younger than 50 (Comes off as a little too self aware/trendy). Mine would consistently wear her peeptoe mary janes or heel sandals with nylon socks (that would roll down to the ankle, of course!), and wrap dresses or bowed blouses in crazy prints. :D
(Earlier comment removed due to return-happy pinky finger)
@HeidiG: It's a bit distressing when J.Crew thinks that styling their clothes this way will make people buy...neon socks! Everybody from the 80s called, and ...
@tastymoog: Awww, I'm sure she was rockin' it though! Your comment made me miss both my lola's(grandmother in Filipino). I remember them being so strong and confident, always rockin' those crazy prints too! LOL!
yeah not sure where they were going with the whole bright socks thing. but then i look up at the pants and man, those aren't flattering either!
ReplyDeleteThat's fugtastic. No futher discussion needed. haha
ReplyDeleteReminds me of my mémère. She rocked this kind of look well into her 90s (no neon, though).
ReplyDelete@ashley: For the vertically-challenged like myself, I can't see how this would look at all flattering, unfortunately. :p
ReplyDelete@Coley: "Fugtastic" - LOL!
@tastymoog: I'd love to have seen how your mémère styled it up! I could totally picture a chic, confident lady walking the streets of Paris, sans the neon-ness, of course.
I believe this falls under the category of "editorial" look. In other words, stay the heck away from in real life!!
ReplyDeletedrewablank,
ReplyDeleteyeah, this look can be endearing on a granny... but not so much on those younger than 50 (Comes off as a little too self aware/trendy). Mine would consistently wear her peeptoe mary janes or heel sandals with nylon socks (that would roll down to the ankle, of course!), and wrap dresses or bowed blouses in crazy prints. :D
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete(Earlier comment removed due to return-happy pinky finger)
ReplyDelete@HeidiG: It's a bit distressing when J.Crew thinks that styling their clothes this way will make people buy...neon socks! Everybody from the 80s called, and ...
@tastymoog: Awww, I'm sure she was rockin' it though! Your comment made me miss both my lola's(grandmother in Filipino). I remember them being so strong and confident, always rockin' those crazy prints too! LOL!
If I saw someone wearing this in public on any day other than 10/31, I would wonder if they were unstable.
ReplyDelete