Friday, July 31, 2009

A photo copy??

I was at my local Borders store yesterday
(despite my decision to not shop - I bought two books...damn you, coupon-monster!),
and I noticed this book as part of the front display in the store.

Imagine my surprise when I received
and saw this email from J.Crew this morning...

Thoughts?

5 comments:

  1. That is very odd. And looking at the girls with their hair braided together is slightly scaring me - reminds me of something out of a horror movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was just plain weird. The picture on the book is a bit "horror-movie"-ish. J.Crew made it a little "cuter" but still...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are creepy to me. Not loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow, definitely "inspired." i can't say i'm a fan of either image! (though i do wish that skirt on the right came in women's sizes ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't imagine what "inspired" Mickey and 'Crew to come out with that ad. Hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete