Friday, May 01, 2009

I remember...Aaliyah.

This is going to be a first in a series I'm planning to do on this lil' blog. I've been in a mood to remember and look back at things I've liked and loved.

So, here's a video of a song I had playing in the Jeep (yes, I'm back to driving the good ol' Wrangler - but that's a whole 'nother post) this afternoon on the way home. It was part of a mixed CD I'd made way back. 

It was one of my favorite videos to watch too. (And yes, I wished that I could dance like Aaliyah.) Nothing spectacular in terms of effects or anything like that, just the talent of Aaliyah, Timbaland and Jet Li all in one 4-minute danceable package. :)


Aaliyah was a young woman who was on the verge of breaking through to being one of the biggest stars of her generation. She passed in an untimely plane crash over the Caribbean, coming back home to the U.S. from filming on location in the region. Shock came over the music and film industry when everyone learned of what had happened. 

There was a lovely video tribute made for her by many of her friends and colleagues in both the music and film industries and can be seen here. Please do watch it if you have time. It is truly touching, even if you weren't a fan, to see so many people care about someone they knew and loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment