
I wanted to post a quick little PSA, so to speak, about receipts and shopping. Please be sure to check your receipts before you leave the parking lot or get on the bus/metro/subway. Some of you may already be doing this, but if you're like me, you completely (if naively) trust the person at the cash register to ring you up honestly and accurately before sending you on your way to shoppers' bliss.
Being in a J.Crew B&M lately, I checked the sale section, of course. I saw these Marquise-stone sash belts on sale for $4.99! You know, I had to have them in all the colors! (These satin/sash belts from J.Crew are great in putting a little punchacolor in neutral outfits!) So, off I went to the register to be rung up, thinking to myself how well I did, deal-wise. Given, I should have been paying attention when I was getting rung up, but again, I was having that sorta day when I just sorta drifted off, thinking of what I was going to have for dinner that night and whether I should've gotten that pair of white pants after all.
Walking back to the car, I thought of taking a look at my receipt. Lo and behold, I had been charged for $9.99 for each belt. So, back to the store I went. The associate was apologetic enough, but I still wonder. Only because I do remember her taking off the price sticker off of one belt (...should've served as a red flag for me, but noooo....daydreaming takes precedence, goshdarnit!).
Oh, well. Lesson learned.
I try and add things up in the fitting room before I get to the counter. I am always on a retail high in the stores, so it pays to know my rough total before I get to the reg. ESP AT J CREW!!!!!!! They are really good for having the wrong tix on items.
ReplyDeleteThat's what I did, and I was so proud of myself for the amount I came up with (granted I had a couple other items with the belts). But man, I mustabeen dozin' off big time or something! I saved a good $15!
ReplyDeleteThis has happened to me quite a few times with the items I've purchased in the J.Crew sale section. Sometimes I'm lucky enough to catch it and others I haven't been so lucky. It sucks big time when you pull out that piece you got on sale for $14.99 to realize you actually paid $24.99 - I did that twice in april on the metallic mini skirt and a pair of bermudas I got "on sale". boo! I would have taken it back but it had been so long I figured they would just assume I changed the sticker price myself.
ReplyDeleteExcellent advice! I never look at mine, mainly because I'm chatting with all the sales associates instead of paying attention. But I do watch the online prices like a hawk in case I need to get a price adjustment.
ReplyDeleteSummerilla, I hear you! I'd be too hesitant to go back too. :(
ReplyDelete3PP, that is ANOTHER reason I'd not be paying attention - gabbin' and gabbin' away. Shee...
Excellent advice, sometimes I pay attention and sometimes I don't. Thank you! Lovey the belts!!
ReplyDeleteThis just happened to me too. I bought the Monterey skirt and it was on promo for $45 plus I have a student discount. Mine rang up at full price less my discount. I didn't realize it (I bought two other tees and had my antsy 3 yo's w/ me) until later. I called the store and the crewless SA said it wasn't on promo. I called Customer Service and they said it was in fact on promo. I called store again when I got home, luckily got the manager on the phone, and he credited me the difference. But really, what a hassle!
ReplyDeleteThat's happened to me a few times and it's so frustrating - you feel silly for going back for just a few dollars, but if it's marked down a certain price, it should BE a certain price!
ReplyDelete